A few words about Emily
Since 1990 Emily Hendricks Walter has been an award winning interior designer in the greater Kansas City area. Her superb eye for color and excellent sense of space has earned her a reputation as one of Kansas City’s foremost interior designers. Her work has been featured in the Kansas City star numerous times. An enthusiasm for interior design is reflected in the beautiful surroundings that she creates. Her ability to collaborate with architects, contractors, and clients has earned Emily a well deserved reputation as an expert in her field.
Emily graduated from the University of Kansas with a Bachelor of Arts degree in design.
Professional affiliations include:
- ASID Allied Interior Designer
- Window Fashions Certified Professional
Why hire an Interior Designer?
How the Design Process Works
- Evaluation of client needs and space analysis with client.
- Define functionality, budget, scope and schedule of project.
- Prepare customized contract for client’s approval and signature.
- Gather conceptual ideas such as drawings, samples of color, fabric, tile, carpet, specialty finishes as well as furniture and lighting specification sheets.
- Communicate and utilize necessary experts in the design field to achieve final goal.
- Evaluate design plans with client.
- Refine and develop design scheme.
- Create formal proposals for client’s approval.
- Quality control by designer through communication with client, vendors and contractors.